There’s a new addition to the family! And, you want to give something special to the mother to celebrate the start of a new and wonderful chapter in her life.
While she will certainly enjoy flowers, a night out on the town, or some other personal pleasure, finding exactly the appropriate and practical, and memorable item for a mom-to-be is the present we really want to offer her.
So, what would the future mom-to-be appreciate? For starters, she’s probably going through some aches and pains right now: sickness, itchy skin, bodily aches, swelled feet, and disturbed sleep, to name a few symptoms of pregnancy.
The kraamcadeau met naam from a loved one is quite powerful, and she will remember you fondly every time she is able to relax into a state of calming ease.
With so many bodily changes, not to add new emotions and large plans, expectant mothers may find themselves staying at home more than they would want at this time.
They like receiving presents that help them pass the time while they are waiting, that provide answers to any burning questions they may have, and that enable them to think about their journey so far and the events that are to come.
Consider the following suggestions for gifts for pregnant women.
Gift ideas for herself:
- Wearable Breast Pump.
- A calm and relaxing spa day.
- Exquisite Robes.
- Pregnancy guide or any kind of Book related to pregnancy.
- Maternal Clothes.
- Skin Care Products.
- Belly Cream and Lotions.
- Comfortable Pajamas.
- Fruit Basket.
- Pregnancy Journal.
- A photo album of her pregnancy Journey.
- Maternity Support Belt.
Gift ideas for the baby:
- A nice multifunctional Stroller.
- Baby Bouncer.
- Baby Clothes.
- A convenient Diaper Bag.
- A baby monitor.
- Newborn Rattles.
Gifts to Avoid:
The products list above is more appropriate for what mum is going through throughout her pregnancy.
- Coloring books, as well as other arts and activities.
- Athletic gear and other casual attire. This is generic, and most mothers aren’t delighted to be reminded that they won’t be able to wear regular clothing for a time.
- Candles with scents, throw pillows, and blankets. Everyone enjoys warm blankets and fragrant candles, which is why they are the least considerate present you can pick for a mom-to-be.
- Table lights and other home décor items. Pregnancy is a time to concentrate on the baby, not on home design.
- Gadgets are great, but mom is too distracted with childbirth and parenting to play with new electronics.
These are OK for a workplace Christmas gift exchange, but they aren’t suitable for pregnant women.